Tag Archives: jQuery
Following the aeriaA Airport Dashboard Project series, in this post we will build a little Airport Operational DataBase (AODB) system for our Dashboard’s architecture. This post is mixed oriented, it is a little introduction of an AODB and a little introduction of the technologies used for building it.
The AODB is one of the central part of the whole project. We simplified a lot the AODB’s features, it is not the intention to build a real one, these are the main features:
- Manage the Departures Flights of our Aeriaa International Airport. We can create, update and delete departures flights (We will develop the arrivals flight later).
- The frontend is a website application. We’ll try in the the future a smartphone app (step by step).
- The flight’s attributes at the first data model are (alphabetically ordered):
- AOBT. Actual Off-Blocks Time. It is the time when the fight is ready, doors closed, jetway decoupled, and the towbear available for the push-back.
- ASAT. Actual Start-Up Approval Time. It is the real time when the flight has the approval for start the engines.
- Aircraft. The aircraft model.
- Company. The airline company.
- Counter. The designated counters for the flight.
- ETD. Estimated Time for Departure.
- Flight. It is the fight’s code.
- Gate. The gate assigned for the flight.
- ICAO. Company’s ICAO code.
- STD. Scheduled Time for Departure.
- TOBT. Target Off-Block Time. It is the target time for the Off-Blocks Time (see AOBT)
- TSAT. Target Start Up ApprovalTime. See ASAT.
- We included some time’s milestones (TOBT, TSAT, AOBT, ASAT) related to A-CDM philosophy in order to approach the AODB to this new work collaboration paradigm. There just a few of the huge times complexity of A-CDM. You can find a big list of time milestones here www.aeriaa.com/on-the-aeriaa-airport-dashboard-part-v-time-milestones/
- Billing the services provided by the airport or ground handler that the airline must pay. The services could be the push-back service, the jetways, follow me car, baggage handling, counters, etc.