Tag Archives: RabbitMQ
In this article we are going to show you the first real combination of three airport systems, the AODB, the BHS and the Departure Control System (DCS). We built the first AODB and BHS functionalities in these articles AODB part I and BHS part I. First we’ll sum up the main functionalities of the AODB and BHS, then we’ll show the a few new functionalities on them for the DCS integration and finally we’ll show the DCS mockup developed for iOS platform in order to test new technologies and how they combine with the other we are using in these article’s series.
In the previous article we started to develop the basic airport’s systems four our Airport Dashboard’s Project, the AODB mock-up, in this article we are going to build another airport’s system mock-up that has a relationship with the AODB, the Baggage Handling System (BHS), not the physical system but the Sort Allocation Computer (SAC). Please see this article for a introduction of the AODB & BHS relationship. To sum up, the BHS has the following main features.
- Transport, classify and deliver each baggage to its destination carrousel (departure and arrival flights).
- Process the baggages in the integrated security subsystem. As X-Ray machines that look for hazardous substances, material, drugs, explosives, etc.
- Store the baggages for early check-in flights.
What data do we want from BHS to our Dashboard?
- General process status and metrics. Bags per hour, first bag delivery time, luggage events per flight, bad reading tag ratio, system status, percentage of manual sorting in comparison to automatic sorting, percentage of bags that are wrongly sorted by the system (sent to a wrong carrousel), average time and standard deviation regarding the time to be sorted by the BHS, etc. Thanks Pablo Roux for some KPI’s suggestions.
What data does the BHS (SAC) need from the AODB?
- The flights scheduled for a time period (day, week, etc.). Where are they planned to be parked.
- Any flight’s relevant updating in real time, any new estimated time of arrival or departure (ETA, ETD), cancellation, stand reassignment, etc.
Are there other systems closely related to BHS?
- Yes, the Airlines Departure Control Systems from the BHS will be notified about the baggage checked, through SITA. (see the article mentioned before)